It is a great joy of every homeowner to cook for their family, friends and loved ones. This includes trying out some of the gourmet dishes they have seen being prepared in reality cooking competitions like “MasterChef” and “Top Chef”. The holiday season especially is the best time to churn out goodies like cookies, brownies and cakes to give as gifts to loved ones. However, there is someone whom you will likely forget this Christmas, namely your beloved Bichon Frise. If you want a special holiday season for everyone, include your Bichon in your gift list.
A special gift for you Bichon need not be an expensive new toy which it will most definitely chew to bits. You can prepare a yummy homemade treat for your pet, which they will be sure to enjoy.
Here are some recipes for tasty holiday treats that will have your Bichon’s sweet tooth tingling…
1) Chilled Creamy Banana Delight
- Blend together 1 large container of vanilla yogurt, 1 banana, and 3/4 cup water until you have a smoothie.
- Pour into small cups. Cover and freeze.
- Before serving, let it thaw so that your dog won’t have to crunch through it. The best time to serve is when your pet is hot and thirsty after playing or training.
2) Dog Nog
- Crack one egg and completely separate the egg white from the yolk. Dogs have difficulty in digesting albumin.
- Blend together the egg yolk and 1 tbsp sugar.
- Add 1 cup of milk. Stir and blend very well.
- Serve immediately.
3) Tasty Doggie Bowl
- In the dog’s bowl, mix equal portions of dry or wet dog food with crumbled dog treats.
- Top with peanut butter spread evenly over the mixture.
- If your dog loves cold treats, let it chill first in the fridge for 10 minutes.
4) Banana and Peanut Butter Frosting
- Mash 1 1/2 bananas until creamy in consistency.
- Add 6 tbsp peanut butter and 1/2 tbsp brown sugar.
- Stir and blend well together.
- Use the frosting as a tasty extra on milk bones and other doggie treats.
Take note though that these treats can be fattening if you give your Bichon too much. Practice moderation also when giving your dog tasty holiday treats.
Yes! I Want to Know More About this Cute Bichon Frise
Send Me My Free “Bichon Frise Training & Care Mini-Course ” Email Course Today!
You Will Receive the First Lesson in Your Inbox Immediately.
100% Spam Free! I Value Your Email Privacy.